I am a sap for a heart-wrenching book. And, I’m not above bawling like a baby to the point of concerning The Hubs while reading such stories. Below is a list of fictional literary deaths that ripped my heart out of my chest. **SPOILER ALERT**
- Albus Dumbledore – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Anya Whitson’s husband – Winter Garden. Understanding and compassion come very slowly in this book, which adds to the injustice of his death.
- Augustus Waters – The Fault in Our Stars. I did the Big Ugly cry reading this book.
- Cadence Sinclair Eastman – We Were Liars. I didn’t see it coming. I should have seen it coming.
- Almost all of Edmure Tully’s wedding party – A Storm of Swords. George RR Martin is heartless. And brilliant.
- Fred Weasley, Dobby, Remus Lupin, & Nymphadora Tonks – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Manchee – The Knife of Never Letting Go. Why??
- Michel Starzynski – Sarah’s Key.
- Ruth Jamison – Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.
- Sirius Black – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Theodore Finch – All the Bright Places. You see his death, like Will Traynor’s, coming for miles and miles. This does not ease the blow any.
- Will Traynor – Me Before You. See above.
Please feel free to comment and suggest additions to this list. And, yes. I know I may be a bit obsessed with Harry Potter, but it is the series that got me reading again.
I hope everyone has a blessed week!
Peace and mascara running down your face as you sob over the pages of a soul-shattering novel grease.
Song of the day:
House of the Rising Sun by the Animals. Because I love this song. Who doesn’t?
Recipe of the day:
A Concoction The Hubs and I Came Up With Last Night
- 2-3 chorizo sausage links, decased
- Onion & bell pepper, diced
- Mushrooms, broccoli, & asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pkg gnocchi
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Vegetable broth
Cook chorizo with onion & bell pepper until brown. Drain. Meanwhile, cook other veggies in olive oil and a couple of splashes of broth. Cover to cook faster. Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Mix all together with Alfredo sauce. Pretty good! 4 servings.
Book of the day:
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North. I just started this book and have a good feeling about it. **Update: I did not finish this book. After a promising start, I just wasn’t feeling it for some reason. I vow to try again someday.**