- Travel to as many places as possible.
- See the Aurora Borealis.
- Go to a dinner mystery theater.
- Sky dive (tandem – I don’t have the courage to do it alone).
- Go on a cruise.
- Go to The Holy Land.
- Go to The Smithsonian.
- Work for myself.
- Volunteer full time.
- See a Broadway play on Broadway.
- Start hiking regularly.
- Hike somewhere that takes more than one day and requires camping out.
- Attend SXSW.
- Learn to ride a motorcycle/trike.
- Go on a trip on a motorcycle/trike.
- Do a food-themed (probably Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) road trip.
- Go on an overseas trip with my parents.
- Get a tattoo or two.
- Do a police ride along.
- Take a cab ride in NYC.
- Sell something that I’ve made.
- Learn to make pottery.
- Attend a professional basketball game.
- See the Blue Man Group.
- Attend a Cirque du Soleil performance.
- Get a professional makeover.
- Go on an overnight train ride in a sleeper car.
- Relax in a natural hot spring.
- Flip a house.
- Use a metal detector.
- Anonymously make a difference in someone’s life.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Visit the 25 states I have not visited.
- Meet a favorite author.
- Play BINGO.
- Do an Escape the Room.
- Attend the Olympics.
- Throw a themed party.
- Stay at a B&B.
- Go canoeing.
Go jet skiing.
- Graffiti the cars at Cadillac Ranch.
- Go deep sea fishing with my dad.
- Play golf.
- Ride a Segway.
- Ride in a Gondola in Venice.
- Take a complete Route 66 road trip. (
Have done so partially.)
- Go on an underwater scooter ride.
- Write a song.
- Help someone find God.
- Be a better person.
- Write a book.
- Float a river.
- Attend a roller derby match.
Attend a show at a comedy club. Attend a professional football game. Attend a professional hockey game. Attend a professional baseball game. Do a 5K. Organize an event. Take a swamp tour. Swim in the ocean. Ride in a cable car through the mountains. See some mountains. See a desert. See an ocean. (Two, actually.) See a swampland. See a forest. Visited 25 of 50 states. Get a passport. See an orchestra perform. See a play. Hold something from space. Pay someone else’s bill anonymously. Organize a reunion. Go on a cross-country road trip. Go to the State Fair. Watch live bull riding. Watch live boat races. Take a random road that I’ve never been on. Get a professional massage. Get dressed up with The Hubs for dinner. Show The Hubs where I grew up. Stay in a luxury resort. Go to Disney. Go on a roadside oddity road trip. Go on a road trip with my mom. Skinny dip. Watch someone be born. Volunteer. Ride in an airplane. Ride in a helicopter. Drive a four-wheeler. Ride in a limo. Explore an underground cave. Ride in a large boat. Ride in a small boat. See Mount Rushmore. Go to a casino. Go on vacation with friends. Stay in a cabin on a lake. Stay in a cabin in the mountains. Organize a club. Go to a concert. Go to a drive-in movie.
I am up for suggestions on stuff I should add. 🙂
Song of the Day
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. A classic. Freddie Mercury was a legend. Nothing else to say.
Book of the Day
The Izzy Spellman series by Lisa Lutz. These are great. The Spellmans are a dysfunctional family of private investigators, who end up investigating each other as often as they do their outside clients. The books are funny, sarcastic, light-hearted, and very entertaining. 5 stars each on Goodreads.
Recipe of the Day
Spicy Sausage, Spinach, and Mushroom Gnocchi via http://www.tablefortwoblog.com. So good. Does anyone else love gnocchi as much as I do?
- 1 16-ounce package of potato gnocchi
- 3/4 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 diced onion, about 3/4 cup
- 8 ounces of baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces of chopped frozen spinach (thawed and excess liquid squeezed out)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping
Bring a pot of water to a boil and follow the instructions on the gnocchi package. Drain well once done.
In the meantime, brown sausage in a skillet over medium high heat and break it into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the onion and mushroom to the skillet then saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
Toss the drained spinach in the sausage mixture.
Add the gnocchi to the skillet and gently toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.