So my thighs are jiggly and my butt is cottage cheesy. “That’s
Queer,” you say. Being thin, for you, comes easy. “Ah, but you don’t
Understand”, says I. Just because I’m skinny does not mean I’m
At all buff. Quite the opposite. I’m almost wholly made from
The squishy stuff.
Sometimes my head feels like it may explode. Life gets
Quite trying. When that happens, I want to take a side road. Turn
Up the radio and drive until I’m in a different postal code. Music
Always puts my mood in a better mode. It is the best sort of
Therapy when things get all pigeon toed.
I won’t torture you with any more poetry that won’t amount to squat. Or to me doing any squats. Ha! My mind is all over the place. Can you tell?
Hope you’re having a beautiful Friday eve.
Song of the Day
Lost On You by LP. This song gets stuck in my head all the time.
Book of the Day
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Is there a bibliophile on the planet who hasn’t read this? This is my go-to book (and movie) when I’m feeling melancholy. If you need a good sob (and by good sob, I mean The Big Ugly Cry), and if you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t read this, go get it. Now.
Recipe of the Day
Club Pasta Salad via http://www.food.com. I was browsing for a good recipe and came across this one. It’s light. It’s easy. It’s tasty. And, I haven’t made it in ages. (I always use cut-up lunch meat for this. That super thin Buddig stuff. Because I’m a lazy cook and take short-cuts whenever I can.)
- 2cups uncooked shell pasta
- 1(1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4cup bacon bits
- 1⁄2teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2cups cut-up cooked turkey or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken
- 1⁄2cup cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1⁄2cup julienne strips cheddar cheese
- 4cups bite-size pieces lettuce
- Fill large saucepan 2/3 full of water. Heat to boiling. Stir in contents of Pasta.
- Gently boil uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Drain pasta. Rinse with cold water. Shake to drain well.
- Combine Hidden valley ranch mix, onion powder and bacon bits with mayonnaise in large bowl. Stir in chilled pasta and remaining ingredients except lettuce. Serve on lettuce. Refrigerate leftovers (if desired, moisten with a few teaspoons milk before servings).